- Spearheaded Yapilys Customer Support Service with a focus on providing excellent service. Reporting directly to CTO and engaging all heads-of department leads, defined and delivered continuous-improvement initiatives to meet the needs of a continually changing, constantly growing, fast-paced fintech start up.
- Engineered and implemented multiple solutions to provide an outstanding technology support service. [Zendesk, Salesforce, StatusPage, JIRA, Confluence, Looker, Slack]
- Improved change and release process to reduce outages by working with engineering leads to implement multiple continuous-improvement initiatives such as Blue/Green deployment, Auto-testing, Static Code Analysis, Feature Flags.
- Reduced fault detection and recovery times through engineering and implementation of ITIL based Incident Management processes [Google Cloud Monitoring and Logging (Stackdriver), Grafana, PagerDuty, Incident.io]
- Successfully delivered a high-risk integration project to ensure Yapily maintained business-continuity when the UK left the European Union. Migrated hundreds of bank registrations without customer impact.
- Established RBS Group’s Open-Banking Service Desk to provide front-door support for external Third Parties (TPPs: Account and Payment providers) and Internal Stakeholders (Operations, Technology, Risk, Audit etc)
- Enabled RBS to launch its Open Banking API service meeting regulatory mandated deadlines by performing all registration activities and delivery of key OBIE requested information.
- Provided consultancy services to internal customers to help them deliver the Bank’s strategic enterprise-wide ‘Continuous Delivery’ transformation programme.
- Enabled customers to understand their DevOps maturity through authoring and delivery of a library of DevOps Maturity-Model literature.
- Delivered and facilitated ‘Continuous-Delivery’ and DevOps adoption workshops to help customers realise the benefits of adopting CI/CD initiatives.
- Empowered customers to reduce risk and quicken delivery cycle times through the creation of an ‘Automated Testing’ Community of Practice.
- Drove DevOps adoption within RBS ‘Finance Solutions’ organisation
- Delivered (fulfilling the CSM in a feature-team) the Bank’s first Continuous-Delivery MVP (Minimal Viable Product) helping both the customer and the bank achieve its intended business outcomes.
- Global Head accountable for 24x7x365 operation of RBS complex and diverse mission-critical Middleware and Payments systems and execution of enterprise-wide strategic initiatives. Certified Category 1 change approver and Major Incident Escalation responder.
- Built and cultivated a global team to deliver ITIL Service Operations process including: Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and other ITIL processes
- Reduced operational risk through orchestration of business-continuity and disaster-recovery events, ensuring any identified issues were captured and resolved through the banks risk management process.
- Reduced annual running costs by £270k-a-year through implementing strategic offshoring whilst not impacting team morale or customer service.
- Delivered major integration project consolidating two banks technologies (ABN and RBS) on to a common middleware, enabling application simplification and cost reduction.
- Improved operational efficiency and governance through rollout of strategic ServiceNow implementation.
- Responsible for the day to day running of business as usual (BAU) and keep the show on the road (KSOR) activities for multiple middleware systems. Trained and mentored team members and acted as first-line escalation.
- KSOR/BAU Activities: Incident, Change & Problem Management, Request fulfilment, BCP/DR execution.
- Executed multiple high-profile Regulatory and Compliance audits (e.g. SOX)
- Reduced enterprise-wide operational costs and achieve strategic goals through execution of Application Consolidation, Server Virtualisation, Data-centre Exit and other similar projects.
- Rolled out Geneos implementation to monitor the Banks key applications and supporting infrastructure. Installed and configured Geneos Gateways and Netprobes on Windows, Solaris, and Linux hosts.
- Delivered 24x7x365 3rd-line tech-support for NatWests payment systems: Swift, CREST, EUCLID, TRAX, etc.
- Performed all BAU, KSOR support functions - Incident, Change, and Problem Management, BCP, DR, Audit etc
- Delivered client outcomes for strategic dotcom projects including price comparisons sites (MoneyGator), travel portals (Odobo), and fintech-start-ups (FXMP)
- Electronic Engineering with North American Studies (Masters)
- Delivered quality customer service through fixing and installing telephone systems and managing engineering teams.
- Learned electronics, computing, business and office skills. Specialised in Electronic Engineering
Note: I think these sections are silly, but everyone seems to have one. Here is a *mostly* honest overview of my skills.
ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management
ITIL®Intermediate certificate in IT Service Operation
ITIL® Intermediate certificate in IT Service Design
ITIL® Intermediate certificate in IT Service Strategy
ITIL® Intermediate certificate in IT Continual Service Improvement